Can’t head down to the shore for MDW? No worries about missing out on a good time because there’s so much happening in Philly! Here are a few events we won’t miss:
- Chinese Lantern Festival
- A celebration of light and Chinese culture, the Chinese Lantern Festival has 29 festival displays of 2,000 individual lanterns, 20,000 color LED lights and 30,000 square feet of delicate silk
- Buy your tickets here: http://historicphiladelphia.org/chineselanternfestival/
- Devon Horse Show and Country Fair
- Did you know Philly is home to the country’s oldest and largest equestrian event? The Devon Horse Show and Country Fair is a week-long event that features horse competitions, shopping, and equestrian-themed exhibitions. Devon Horse show will even have a special Tribute to Heroes ceremony on Monday, May 27th.
- Buy your tickets here: http://www.devonhorseshow.net/
- Twilight in the Gardens
- The after-hours series at Philadelphia’s Magic Garden is back! This month will have a performance by the River Bones Band and guests will be able to bedazzle their own sunglasses, hair clips, and buttons!
- Buy your tickets here: https://www.phillymagicgardens.org/event/may-twilight-in-the-gardens-2019/
- Comcast NBCUniversal Memorial Salute with Philly POPS
- The Philly POPS celebrate the men and women who serve our country during the third annual Comcast NBCUniversal Memorial Salute. AND IT’S FREE!
- Register for tickets here ahead of the concert: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/comcast-nbc-universal-memorial-salute-at-the-mann-registration-55666690570
- U.S. Air Force Band Full Spectrum Concert + Fireworks
- Celebrate Memorial Day on Saturday at the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing. Full Spectrum is an eight-piece “pop and hip-hop” band comprised of active duty Air Force members. Their performance is at 8 pm, followed by a firework show at 9:30 pm
- This event is free and open to the public! Arrive early for the best seat!
The View will see you there!