Commitment to Cleanliness
At The View at Montgomery, your health and safety come first. As a leader in student housing providing our residents with best-in-class services and amenities, you have our promise and commitment to a clean, sanitary, comfortable “home away from home” where you feel confident, empowered and ready to enjoy your college experience.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness plan involved many months of planning and research to ensure the highest standard of cleaning protocols in alignment with CDC, World Health Organization and State-mandated guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor and update our standard operating procedures accordingly, while we continue our focus on the health, wellness and safety of our residents, staff and The View community.
Here are some ways we’ve been designing our Commitment to Cleanliness COVID-19 Safety program with YOU in mind:
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
The View team have advanced our cleaning protocols, implementing disinfection methods designed to help mitigate the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Our disinfecting team of 3-4 staff are trained and certified in the utilization of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers – which use an electrostatically charged EPA-registered disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light, ensuring sanitization of every inch of every surface and object in a room. Your safety and health are our #1 priority.
Our rigorous cleaning protocols include:
- Professional cleaning/sanitization crew on-site 7 days/week.
- Full property footprint cleaned 3 times a day (morning, mid-day and evening).
- EPA-approved and CDC-compliant electrostatic sprayers to properly deeply clean and sanitize each apartment unit before move-in.
- The View CleanSeal ensuring your unit remains vacant and unoccupied following full cleaning and sanitization.
- All common areas and high-touch surfaces frequently cleaned and sanitized throughout the day by View staff.
Keeping our View Community Safe
Curbing the spread of this virus requires all of us to work together. You will find the following items and signage throughout The View, keeping COVID-19 safety protocols top-of-mind for everyone:
- Custom stylus for touchless elevator, keypad pressing.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizing dispensers at all elevator lobbies, on all floors, entry ways and other areas including but not limited to the management office, amenity areas, elevator banks, meeting spaces, classrooms, computer labs, and game rooms.
- Floor decals - reminders throughout the building that we practice safe 6’ social distancing.
- Plexiglass shields in lobby area/security desk and other locations.
- Signage - Masking Reminders in a variety of languages in compliance with State and City masking orders.
- Signage - Elevator Reminders related to capacity max of 4 at a time.
- Signage - Safe Social Distancing - 6’ at all times.
- PPE/KN95 masks on all View staff and other personnel.
- Disposable masks available for residents who may have lost their masks or are awaiting delivery of new ones.
Of course, none of the measures above guarantee an environment free of COVID-19 or any other disease. However, we are committed to doing our part and we ask that you join us in doing the same.
Amenity Spaces and other Common Areas
During move-in days, amenities will be closed in order to limit density and support ALL students and families moving in – we must consider exposure in the hallways, elevators and other public spaces. Once resident move-in concludes, all amenity spaces will be open with capacity limits as mandated by state and city ordinances.
The View at Montgomery & Vantage – your virtual “family”
While City ordinances have required us to postpone large community gatherings, our View & Vantage “family” is strong - maintaining a busy calendar of engaging virtual programming and online events since the initial weeks of the pandemic.
Visit The View at Montgomery & Vantage’s social media pages to explore virtual game nights, tiktok competitions, mindfulness sessions, scavenger hunts, cooking classes, virtual movie nights, exercise/fitness programs and more ~ all designed to keep you engaged, supported, and connected.
In order to keep our move in process for all residents and families as de-densified as possible, we are currently not allowing guests outside of the 2 that are allowed during your move in time to assist you with moving your belongings. Once your move-in is completed, residents are asked to abide by our no-visitor policy until all residents have completed move-ins, which will be no later than August 24, 2020.
On August 24, 2020, residents will be allowed 1 guest/visitor. We will provide more detailed procedures and information related to guest check-in in a continued effort to support the health and safety of our entire community.
We will continue to evaluate this guest policy for the feasibility of increasing the number of guests with the next evaluation date set for September 14th.
Looking ahead - Ongoing Safety
The following outlines additional steps we are proactively planning, developing or currently implementing to combat spread and facilitate a safe, healthy environment at The View:
- Testing and contact tracing protocols to help maintain an environment that is as virus free as possible.
- Isolation and quarantine procedures that are developed in conjunction with CDC guidelines and informed by Temple University COVID-19 safety policies and protocols.
- Ongoing Staff safety education to best support our residents.
In our ongoing effort to reduce risks to students, families, and team members, The View at Montgomery's Touchless Move-In plan offers you a carefully planned, safe move-in experience including:
- Frequent resident and parent communication throughout the summer.
- Extended move-in dates and times to reduce density.
- Online check-in, and e-signature of documents designed to minimize multiple parties/exposure.
- Virtual collection of additional necessary move-in forms and payments.
- Limiting the number of residents moving in per hour to 30.
- Online self-selection of time slots for move-in.
- Building divided into quadrants to maintain distancing.
- Use of disposable, sanitized U-Line™ move-in cart liners.
- Graphics marked on elevator floors to enforce maximum number of occupants at one time.
- PPE/masking requirements.
- Social distancing adherence to 6’ guidelines.
- Visitor regulations - residents are allowed 2 guests to assist with move-in.
- All keys are either brand new or sanitized in alcohol and sealed for your safety.
Our CleanSeal Guarantee
Prior to your move-in, your apartment unit will be freshly painted, professionally cleaned and reviewed by one of our senior staff to confirm that the unit conforms to our cleanliness standards.
Once approved, our disinfectant team will thoroughly sanitize the unit with our EPA-approved and CDC-compliant electrostatic disinfectant sprayers designed to mitigate any and all pathogens. Once completed, we apply our quality tamper-proof seal, assuring you that the unit has passed a final review and inspection for sanitization and cleanliness. Your apartment is then officially closed and sealed to further entry until you arrive for the first time on move-in day - our CleanSeal promise to you.
Illness & Exposure Concerns
A Commitment to Each Other
We are encouraging every View resident and staff member to sign a Commitment to Cleanliness Personal Responsibility Statement acknowledging their pledge to:
- Practice safe social distancing
- Wearing a face mask at all times where and when required, and
- Perform a Daily Wellness Self-check to identify any COVID-19 symptoms.
We continue to monitor, watch and listen to our public health officials and are informed by CDC, WHO and State and local directives. In addition, we suggest that residents keep apprised of University guidelines and protocols. Please refer to CDC.gov and WHO.gov and Temple University’s Coronavirus Health & Safety Plan.
If you believe you or your roommate to be sick, temperatures should be taken and please contact your health care provider immediately. Continue to follow CDC-recommended cleanliness and social distancing guidelines. If your roommate has not contacted their healthcare provider, please contact someone in the management office so that we can contact the University and local health officials to determine appropriate protocols. We will also request that you or your roommate take a coronavirus test. The healthcare provider will work with local health departments and departments on campus to provide additional guidance and instructions to manage the response to any suspected cases of COVID- 19.
If you or your roommate test positive for COVID-19, we recommend that you leave the property and quarantine at home. If quarantining at home is not possible, then quarantine will need to take place inside your apartment unit. This is to both preserve the safe enjoyment of the property by others and to prevent further spread of the illness to any other residents. If you live with other roommates, all roommates likely have been exposed, and therefore are recommended to also quarantine for 14 days either at home, or inside the apartment unit.
Our staff is ready to support you with helping to coordinate grocery, laundry and other safely sanitized delivery drop offs to your apartment unit. In addition to The View’s policies and protocols for quarantine, we also ask residents to abide by Temple University’s protocols for quarantine.
We will coordinate with local and university health officials as needed and follow their direction regarding mitigation measures and quarantine. For more information on local quarantine protocols, you may contact your university health officials directly.